£65000 - £75000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8960
16 days ago
This is a permanent staff position.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial and Supply Chain, the job holder is accountable for the commercial leadership, management, organisation, systems, processes and capabilities to enable the business to meet its contractual deliverables, from the commercial and performance milestone base whilst meeting contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership commitment to safety and security, delivering financial and programme efficiency and performance
- Engage, motivate and perform within the delivery team
- Define, mitigate and manage commercial risk for the Framework
- Work effectively with others, (projects, functions, customers and key stakeholders), building required relationships and interfaces within the programme, ensuring the delivery of value Encourage and drives agility throughout the team ensuring that the business is able to respond and adapt to changes and better ways of working across the programme
- Encourage and drives agility throughout the team ensuring that the business is able to respond and adapt to changes and better ways of working across the programme
- Drive commercial leadership, policy and guidance across the business supporting collaborative working across the organisation, ensuring a cohesive approach that supports the achievement of business goals
- Identify and encourage continual improvement and innovation such that the department is recognised for developing and applying best practice
- Provide commercial guidance to the Executive team, functions, programme and projects on specific issues
- Provide commercial stakeholder engagement opportunities with our customer and parent companies and maximises the benefits and opportunities of sharing best practice within the subject matter arena
- Ensure that functional metrics, procedures, processes and systems are developed, implemented, adhered to and of a quality that delivers against our programme requirements
- Provide leadership to the integration activity to enable the creation of potential solutions to be marketed either proactively or as a response to a customer need
- Provide strategic advice and input to evolve and optimise the utilisation and potential of the skills and capabilities within the organisation
- Influence contractual discussions and strategic sourcing decisions with the customer
- Developing and implementing strategies for engaging with the supply chain.
- Ensure best value decisions are made throughout commercial services
- Ensure UK contracting, contract law and pricing principles are included in the tendering and bidding process
- Administering large multi-discipline contracts with the supply chain including pre-contract engagement.
- Ensure general contract and pricing principles are included
- Draft Business Agreements (for example, Alliance, Teaming, Collaboration, Confidentiality)
- Developing and implementing dispute avoidance strategies.
- Ensure knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP) and mechanisms are in place
- Ensure knowledge of indemnities and the insurance market is in place
- Ensure General Legal awareness is implemented across the Framework.
To be considered for this role:
- Degree qualified or relevant experience
- Ideally experience within the Nuclear/Defence Infrastructure sectors (other highly regulated sectors may be considered)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of administering NEC forms of contract
- Experience of modern commercial management techniques within complex, multifunctional organisations.
- Knowledge and understanding of processes involved in planning and strategy; organisation and governance; personnel and professional matters
- Hold a UK passport and be eligible for UK security clearance
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.