+44 (0)151 666 8999
5 days ago
Burton-Upon-Trent, Macclesfield, Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford, Whitchurch, Congleton,
My client is an established contract service provider looking to appoint a Laboratory Manager on a permanent basis; to they’re rapidly growing business. The business offers testing services to the construction, ceramic, aerospace, energy and health care sectors for their clients across the world. The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 3-4 direct reports whilst also being responsible for the running of the Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratories. The role reports into the Head of Chemistry.
Laboratory Manager’s Duties will include:
- Responsible for the effective day to day running of Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Manage Pharmaceutical Chemistry team 3-4 direct reports
- Ensure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) as laid down in Commission Directive 2003/94/EC (in relation to contract analytical services) for all testing activities performed within the laboratories.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place in order to provide a safe working environment within the laboratories.
- Ensure that all work performed within the laboratories is assessed against, and complies with COSHH regulations.
- Contribute as an author and reviewer of controlled documentation in the Pharmaceutical Quality System.
- Act as a host for Regulatory Inspections, Client Audits and Internal Audits. Contribute to audit responses and implement corrective/preventative actions, where applicable.
- Be responsible for the training and review of competency of staff within Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Ensure that all instrumentation within the laboratories is kept in good order and is fit for purpose.
- Lead and/or approve Laboratory Investigations.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping within the laboratories.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.