+44 (0)151 666 8929
4 months ago
|Process Engineer – Edinburgh – Water – Waste water – Design - DSEAR
|We believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
|We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
Globally, we set the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. We have been selected by key Clients as a strategic consultancy provider. We are currently looking for the right people to join our team working in collaboration with the Client to help deliver these exciting opportunities.
This is a chance to join a dynamic team in Edinburgh supporting the delivery of a variety of projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and company expectations.
The role is for a Process Engineer to provide technical expertise and project co-ordination in the delivery of efficient technical solutions on a variety of projects that will deliver improvements to treatment assets.
• As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Process Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to water and waste water treatment facilities in line with Client strategic requirements.
• Technical expertise in process engineering for treatment facilities within the Water Industry
• Experience in asset surveys, feasibility, outline and detailed design, construction support and commissioning of treatment processes and equipment
• Experience in undertaking DSEAR Assessments and Audits, ensuring compliance with client and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for supporting the Project Technical Lead and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
• Undertake feasibility, scoping and design activities on projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
• Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
• Provide technical design support during the procurement, installation and commissioning of the selected solution
• Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
• Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
• Work collaboratively with Client, Project and Contractor Teams to deliver integrated design solutions
• Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
• Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
• Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
• Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
• Complete all work in line with company Core Values and in accordance with company Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
|• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering or other relevant subject
• Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. CEng / IEng IChemE
• Experience in water industry is required.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
• Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
• Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team – both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
• Excellent client service focus
• Flexible approach to work
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.