££highly competitive + benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 1 month ago
This is a Monday – Friday days based role on a 2 shift rotating pattern.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the successful Shift Manager will be responsible for proactively managing a team to meet daily and weekly production plans whilst working to the company quality, safety and environmental frameworks, developing a team working and continuous improvement culture.
The successful Shift Manager will have previous management experience in a fast paced FMCG manufacturing environment. You will ideally hold a food safety and IOSH qualification and can demonstrate experience of managing and achieving KPIs and influencing a culture of continuous improvement on a day to day basis.
- Production Shift Manager responsibilities include:
- Team Management – leading development and organisational change through staff recruitment, training and development including appraisals and disciplinary processes
- Implement production KPIs aligned with business objectives
- Drive costs savings through efficient use of resources at your disposal.
- Be aware of daily service levels for area of responsibility and a plan to achieve required service levels within the agreed time frame
- Be commercially focused and implement continuous improvement initiatives that increase performance
- Support CAPEX proposals in line with safety, OEE, and quality improvements, with a view to reduce operating costs
- Improve performance and reduce waste
- Ensure appropriately trained resource is available to ensure consistent achievement of food safety, quality and GMP standards.
- Review and implement all legislative and ethical standards with regard to HSE, food hygiene and staff management.
- Attend daily production/planning meeting with appropriate preparation
- Review team priorities & progress daily and weekly
- Work closely with support functions (H&S, HR, Quality, NPD, Logistics, Site Engineering including services and Finance) to identify resources required to action any outstanding issues
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.