£32000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8946
7 months ago
One of the UK’s leading Highways service provider is looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to join one of their growing Teams.
Due to exciting new projects, our Client is currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team based in Cardiff.
This is a great time to join this leading organisation as they continue to win work across the UK.
- Designing, developing and overseeing sound design solutions to meet client requirements within budget and timescale, following Client processes and procedures as well as any Client specific requirements.
- Developing, designing and reviewing solutions in accordance to National design standards, procedures and requirements and any specific parameters.
- Production or overseeing of scheme documents and reports in accordance with the relevant contract.
- Contribution to compliance with the Quality Management Systems including site specific audits for both our Client and Contractor requirements.
- Production and overseeing of designs that comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Contribute to the regular reporting of progress to external clients and communicating with internal line managers regarding progress against planned programme.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of staff to grow organically and the development of in-house structures capability.
- Management and Supervision of staff including resource monitoring and liaison with Highways England and the wider Community.
- Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
- Undertaking Structural Inspections, Assessments, and Checks, along with studies and scheme identification including value management may be required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and to be a Chartered / Incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MCIHT).
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures.
- Experience of working on design contracts for Highways England.
- Experience of design of highway structures to Eurocode, along with experience of DMRB and other Highways England standards.
- Leading and managing technical compliance checks for project team outputs and management and supervision of staff.
- Proficient IT Skills – including experience of structural assessment and design software.
- Detailed understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM.
- CSCS and Driving License is desirable.
- Experience in budget management and cost control.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.