£28000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Share Options, Mon - Fri Days
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
£28-30k + 30days holiday in bank holidays, Pension, Share options, Overtime, Monday – Friday days 8-4.30pm.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries who are looking to expand their current engineering team on a days basis.
We’re looking for someone with a background within maintenance working within a manufacturing business. Ideally you will have been time served either mechanically or electrically and have a desire to develop your skills further within one of the best manufacturing companies in the area, with a clear training and development plan with the aim to help you progress your career.
This is suited for someone looking for an opportunity, working within a well run manufacturing environment where you will get the opportunity to learn and develop. If you have limited hands on or more of a proven track record within an FMCG, Food, Automotive , General Manufacturing or equivalent business then we would be more than keen to hear from you and the salary offered would be a reflection on your experience.
Our clients manufacturing process involves using blow moulding and rotational moulding machinery, you’re role will see you covering mechanical PPM and reactive maintenance across multiple production lines, working on faults and maintenance, so hydraulic, rollers, conveyors, bearings, gears, sprockets, shafts etc are going to be the kind of things were looking for as well as sensor issues, panels, motors and conveyor systems. It’s a fast paced production environment with multiple lines running across different production halls so you’ll certainly learn and develop.
This role reports into the Engineering Manager on site and will join a team of engineers in the department.
- Service and repair machinery plus ancillary equipment to a high standard
- Assisting with the planning of the service/TPM schedule, the ordering and preparation of spare parts and materials
- Fault diagnosis of equipment and processes from identifying problems to implementation of solution
- Preventative maintenance
- Calibrating machinery after training
- Provide technical support to colleagues and communicate with staff at all levels
- Stock control of parts and materials
- Provide detailed reports on all work done on each machine
- Undertake the fitting, installation, repair and service on new machinery plus ancillary equipment as and when necessary
- Conduct safety checks on machinery as and when required
- General maintenance of the site including plant checks
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required
- Observe and adhere to company health & safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
Time served/Apprentice trained mechanical or electrical
NVQ or C&G Level 3 or Equivalent
Manufacturing Industry Experience
PPM Maintenance Knowledge
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.