£360 - £400 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8999
8 months ago
Contract - ongoing - £360-400 per day
A fantastic opportunity to join a well established manufacturing business with over 50 years history specialising in the supply to Automotive tier 1 supply, Packaging, Engineering and Horticultural markets. They now have a workforce of over 200 and are looking for a Project Manager to join the business at a time when they have multiple new and exciting installation and decommissioning projects for manufacturing lines and production machinery on site.
If you have working in an industrial environment, managing the installation and commissioning from subcontractors of production equipment of heavy industrial installations and decommissioning work then this role might suit you really well.
Currently there are 4/5 concurrent projects on site that exceed £1m in value, for the installation and commissioning of new production machinery, decommissioning of old machinery which will be taking place around April. Our client would also consider interim contractors on this role should they not be able to source someone permanently.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Following the Company’s Project Methodology to ensure projects are progressed in the most efficient manner, utilising all the skills and resources available to best effect in the appropriate timescale.
- To create plans for new projects using Microsoft Project and Gantt charts, achieving timing and cost targets.
- To call and chair project meetings to ensure actions are progressed in a timely manner and project deadlines are met.
- To use AutoCAD and Solidworks to prepare plans for projects where drawings are required for placement or planning. (this is desirable but not essential that you have CAD experience)
- To produce site layouts keeping the information up to date.
- To produce layouts for machine installation, building works etc. as required.
- To produce process flow diagrams, control diagrams and P&IDs for installations and
We would also consider Project Engineers or Senior Engineers for this position as long as they have the demonstrable experience for the role.
The role is ideally a full time permanent position but they would consider a contractor for immediate start also, should they have the correct experience.
Engineering qualification HNC/HND/Degree Level or Equivalent Experience (Mechanical bias preffered)
Experience Managing Installation/Commissioning/Decommissioning of heavy machinery/production machinery
Proven exposure managing projects and sub contractors
CAD/Solidworks qualification/ experience (desirable)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.