£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8947
about 1 month ago
Specifications Manager / Senior Specifications Technologist responsibilities:
- Coordinate supplier approval process.
- Writing specifications.
- Ensure up‐to‐date product specification is available for each product.
- Any changes to product specification are reviewed, communicated with customer and approved.
- Support the NPD team and processes.
- Communicating with customer in relation to sample submission, taste panels and lead customer visits.
- Coordination of sign off of all artwork specific to product category.
- Leading Batch Code Approval sessions with customers for all relevant Product Launches.
- Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence with issues relating to the product specification process and the supplier approval process.
- Dealing with customer non‐conformances.
- To participate in the HACCP, VACCP and TACCP Teams.
- Assist with internal audits.
- Conduct supplier approval visits.
You will be a Specifications Manager / Senior specifications technologist with experience in the Food Manufacturing industry and have experience with retailer specifications. JS and Iceland specifications system experience will be deemed advantageous. You will ideally have a Degree level of education in a food science subject, a Formal HACCP Qualification and a Level 3/4 Food Safety Qualification.
Salford, Trafford Park, Bury, Stretford, Stockport, Warrington, Leigh, Wigan, Bolton, Oldham, Manchester, Lancashire, North West
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.