£ Highly Competitive
+44 (0)151 666 8943
9 days ago
A global manufacturer is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to assume full responsibility for and provide leadership and direction to the Engineering Maintenance department. Reporting to the site GM, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for ensuring equipment and facilities maintenance is completed to a high standard ensuring machine availability is maximised and all compliance standards are met at all times.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensures all engineering and maintenance activities on site exceed the appropriate health and safety standards and demonstrates leadership in the area of health & safety
- Management and delivery of the weekly Maintenance works schedule and any urgent work that arises, where necessary resetting the daily priorities ensuring the plant operation is fully supported and output is not impacted
- Delivery of the site maintenance asset care programme. Ensuring its effectiveness and efficient delivery measured through the use of standard KAMS KPIs.
- Develop a plan and timeline to eliminate emergency repair work, and maximize planned and project work ensuring the preventative maintenance plan is delivered as scheduled.
- Engage production and maintenance teams in a positive and professional manner, to understand customer needs and build a track record for professionalism and credibility
- Oversee and manage all contractors under engineering control.
- Responsible for maintenance team performance and development including regular engagement coaching, and skills analysis to develop effective training plans
- Oversee the spare parts inventory holding ensuring it optimised to minimize equipment downtime at minimum inventory levels
- Manage the maintenance department budget to detail spending by category, and maximize expenditure effectiveness for minimum unplanned production downtime and maximum workplace efficiency.
- Develop a recurring daily meeting schedule with the engineering manager or plant manager to review plant performance and set priorities.
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.