£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: 30 Days Holiday + Excellent Bens
+44 (0)151 666 8922
11 days ago
The Depot Engineer will be responsible for the safe and effective running of the maintenance function at the Oil Fuel depot in Gosport to meet all necessary and regulatory requirements including environmental and COMAH. The post holder with be experienced in maintenance and engineering and will be able to demonstrate strong management skills with a focus on ensuring that safety standards are maintained and improved.
They will report into the Depot Manager and have accountability for all engineering matters on site including line managing mechanical and electrical technicians and will be the engineering interface between Gosport and the central Engineering Department.
- To manage and develop the engineering resources such that Gosport operates flexibly and efficiently to meet engineering compliance and targets whilst maintaining an exemplary SHE performance.
- Responsibility for compliance with company standards and legislative requirements for the effective management of Major Accident Hazards under CoMAH 2015.
- Accountability for all engineering matters on site.
- Line Management of the maintenance technicians (Mechanical and Electrical).
- Providing training, direction and support to new and existing staff.
- Responsible to manage the maintenance and engineering interface between Gosport and the Engineering Department.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders including contractors, colleagues, staff and members of the public.
- Maintain plant equipment in order to maximise availability of fuel delivery of fuel to authorised demanders in line with relevant SLAs and objectives and targets.
- Ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) at all times, including control of works AP, issuing of permits and supervision of contractors.
- Establish and maintain safe working practices and procedures in accordance with mandated legislation and best practice, with a focus on meeting the requirements and standards of COMAH.
- Experience as a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer / Technician with management experience within a top tier COMAH site.
- Eligibility for SC clearance.
- Driving licence.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.