South East England
+44 (0)151 666 8946
3 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a highly talented Airport Planner on behalf of one of our Clients. The role will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is looking to progress their career within an exciting and successful consultancy environment.
As a leading member of the aviation team, you will be responsible for undertake a variety of aviation-related planning studies and assessments. These may include:
- Development of airport masterplans
- Scoping and undertaking studies on airfield layout, apron configuration and passenger terminal planning and surface access planning
- Data analysis, demand and capacity assessment and interpretation thereof
- Benchmarking to support analysis, modelling and simulation
- Technical report writing, preparing and delivering presentations
- Assisting clients in setting out formal requirements
- Leadership of design meetings, site meetings and all other project related meetings
- Providing support to market team in business development activities including input to tenders
- Actively engaging with a global network of aviation and infrastructure planning professionals
- Providing guidance and leadership to more junior members of the team
- Around 10 years of relevant, hands on experience in airport planning, with exposure to airfield planning, terminal planning, surface access planning, facilities planning and CAA, EASA, ICAO and IATA standards, much of this will have been in a consultancy environment.
- A relevant first degree or equivalent qualification with preference for an air transport related post graduate qualification and Chartership of a relevant professional body preferred e.g. engineering, architecture, transportation.
- An understanding of the key drivers of Airport Planning and Development, including the interactions between aviation and airport operations, people and baggage movement, development, design concept, retail, advertising, and surface access.
- Be familiar with recognised software used in airport master planning.
- The ability to prioritise tasks with good time management skills and strong project management skills.
- A high sense of accountability with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be quality oriented and have a desire to deliver high quality work on time and on budget.
- The ability to work with a range of project stakeholders, contractors and clients.
- Understanding of project contractual and commercial requirements
- Understanding of business development activities, and able to demonstrate successful role in bids/tenders.
- The ability to work on varied and concurrent commissions.
- A willingness to travel to undertake short-term assignments.
- Airspace planning and its interface with airport operations and development
- International codes and standards applicable to aviation
- Environmental impacts of aviation including noise, air quality and carbon assessment
- Surface access and landside issues
- Commercial models of airports
- Regulation and its impact on UK airports
- Ability and motivation to manage own work including inputs from others to time and to budget.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to distil and present technical work to non-technical audiences and be fluent in English.
If this role is something that would be of interest to yourself, or you know of anyone who may be looking for their next position- please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.