£40000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
23 days ago
Our Client is made up of 6 individual companies working together to provide latent defects insurance (more commonly known as a structural warranty), Building Control and other insurance schemes to support the construction industry across the UK and in Europe.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical standards Manager to work from home in the Liverpool or London.
The ideal candidate will take responsibility for supporting the high value scheme Project Managers co-ordinate and manage the faced elements of their projects in Scotland, England and Wales.
You will support the external facade consultants that support these teams.
Assist the Facade Technical standards Director provide high quality technical support to all the other Insurance support services departments (claims, Building control, Technical services, marketting, business development)
- Primarily working on projects that exceed either / both 7 storey or £25 million
- Manage own projects (review of facade elements)
- Work closely with external facade consultant resources for projects and provide an appropriate service to the High value scheme major project managers, aswell as technical support.
- Audit quality of service provided by the external consultants
- Delivery of technical solutions to project programme timescales
- Generate good professional relationships with your counterparts in the customers design teams
- Help the Major Project managers (MPM's) ensure that all projects are properly resourced with appropriately skilled consultants
- Help the MPM's co-ordinate, manage and support the external consultants
- Review reports provided by the consultats to ensurethat approproate /relevant queries are being raised and are being closed out in a timely manner.
- liaise closely wiith administration teams to ensure progress is not delayed by problems with information collection and / or dissemination
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the customers project team
- Identify and communicate commercial / marketing opportunities
- Ensure appropriate / relevant design review register items are collated and issued to our clients as early as possible
- Monitor the facade elements of the Design Review Registers (DRR) to ensure that they are being closed out
- Participate in the development of Technical standards, guidance bulletins and procedures
- Carry out other management duties as may be assigned to you
- Assist in the training of surveyors and building control teams, as directed by the FTSD
- Help the MPM's monitor and manage cost of consultants
- Work towards continuous improvement and adoptthe companies best practice procedures
- Provide weekly written reports to FTSD on the status of project risk items and any conformance issues.
- Help the MPM's produce, manage and maintain the facade related sections of the DRR
- Provide the MPM's with high quality technical guidance
- Provide customers with clear instruction and explaination on requirements
- Help the MPM's identify key risks
- Help the consultants and MPM's determine which risks exceed a 'standard level' and need to be included in the DRR. Filter out those risks which do not need to be pursued through the DRR
- Attend project design meetings on site or at the offices of other members of the project design team.
- Through your weekly reports escalate any risks which exceed a standard level and which are unlikely to be closed out.
- Help the MPM's ensure that information is passed to the consultants
- Monitor and chase information requests
- Apply your technical knowledge and experience to evaluate and mitigate project risk
- Manage personnel and external resources
- Manage client expectations
- Review, monitor and report
Must have excellent people management skills
Capable of innovative thinking and have a sound understanding of design principles. At all times remaining wary of risks and protective of the Companys reputation
Excellent communication skills and be capable of utilising their in depth thechnical knowledge.
Brad industry experience
Education / experience
Preferably degree qualified relevant to the industry and have a minimum of 12 years relevant industry experience, 6byears within a design / technical role and 4 years managing external design resources.
Competent in the use of MS Word, Excel and outlook packages.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.