£50000 - £60000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8946
about 2 months ago
Providing professional, technical engineering and construction expertise to oversee and audit specialist structural foundations, underpinning and basement waterproofing insurance scheme.
To receive new orders, review, check design packages and then site audit the satisfactory key stages of the basement works and waterproofing.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake detailed desk based review of design information and then identify the key risk areas for inspection.
- Ongoing liaison with scheme members on technical matters - must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to, whilst providing support and guidance.
- To carry out regular site audits of each scheme, collecting accurate site notes of observations, ensuring good practice on site and cataloguing key stage photographs of the works.
- Dealing with scheme members and providing technical advice and guidance.
- Assist with the business development of the scheme and regularly meet existing and prospective new members of the scheme.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as required and maintain accurate spreadsheet of works and weekly reporting on activities.
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar).
- Post qualification experience.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable but not essential.
- Experience of basement construction and underpinning.
- Knowledge of basement waterproofing and a Certified Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing accreditation (CSSW) or agreement to commence and complete within 6 months of employment.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Good IT Skills.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
Should this role be of interest to you or you know of anyone who has the skills desired, then please apply today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.