£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8952
3 months ago
£40k-50k + up to 7.5% bonus, Pension, Share Scheme, Holiday etc
A fantastic opportunity to join the UK’s leading manufacturer of building and construction products based in Suffolk on their expanding plant. Our client has been in business for nearly 100 years and is one of larger market share holders within their multi million pound sector. Due to expansion the company are now looking to appoint a new EC&I Engineer who will sit beneath the engineering manager and oversee the development, optimisation and maintenance of the plants automation systems.
Our client use Siemens S7 software and SCADA on site but are open minded to considering candidates who specialise within other PLC software such as Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Omron, Schneider or ABB. Within the role you will be developing process and systems, taking an active role in the optimisation of the production plant and the development of those engineers around you.
This role comes with a good degree of autonomy, realistically the individual doing this role will be a motivated self starter, to take ownership of their role and really make an impact on the performance of the plant. The current processes are good, but with the plant being a CI focused environment, they can always be improved and taken to the next level, which will be your role.
This role could also suit someone with good EC&I exposure but who currently is looking to do this on more of a full time basis, so if you’re an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer with PLC programming skills, this could be the role to develop you further within this role.
The role requires someone with working knowledge of the following:
- Capable of developing New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code, following existing standards
- Experience of equipment design for manufacture, with a background in a production environment is desirable.
- Experience of motor, drive and inverter technologies.
- Support the plant and service engineers.
- Ensuring any SCADA System captures all relevant data.
- Program and maintain Inverter Drives.
- Program and maintain Safety Systems.
- Fault finding and problem solving during breakdowns.
- Developing Operator Interface Design.
- Ability to train Engineers and Operators.
- Encourage and pursue a policy of continuous improvement and 5S
- A degree or HNC in Electrical Engineering is preferred although equivalent Automation experience will be considered.
- Strong PLC capabilities and code writing is required for this role
- A good working knowledge of SCADA systems would be an advantage.
- Experience of Human interface software systems and Software lifecycles is required.
- Skills in programming, analysing, fault finding, problem solving and modifying automation software.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.