£50000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8922
29 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join a growing Building Services consultancy in their modern purpose built offices in the Midlands. As one of the UK’s leading design consultancies, they are currently working on a number of exciting projects within the education and healthcare sectors.
The Senior Engineer will manage their own engineering projects as well as oversee those of the engineering design team. They will have responsibility for the detailed design and co-ordination of electrical solutions including low voltage distribution small power, communications, lighting, fire alarm systems etc.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Produce design sketches and develop the design through all stages of the project from planning to completion
- Produce schematics, elevations, details which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards and CDM regulations
- Produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems / plant
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers and contractors
- Brief team in regards to projects including the client, scopes of work, costs, timescales etc
- Check QA on all design / project work to ensure compliance with BSD standards
- Provide and check engineering calculations as required
- Support the team with primary project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain timeframes and quality compliance
- Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports / outline design, maintain comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD
- Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest appropriate engineering and industry standards
- Degree or equivalent within Electrical Engineering or Building Services (ONC/HNC/Degree)
- IT Literate – ability to use CAD, Dialux / Relux.
- Office based with willingness to travel to client sites when required
- UK Driving License Desirable
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.