+44 (0)151 666 8922
about 1 month ago
This organisation provides building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering to a wide range of clients. The business operates major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services of which these contracts are typically based throughout the UK and supported by our offices in various locations.
The Design Coordinator in the main will be part of the Engineering Design team responsible for the production of an established design and detailed drawings within the project scope to the specifications and within the time limits required. You will have the discretion and authority to make project delivery and technical decisions which will a significant impact on the project and the wider organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To complete all engineering designs and documents to the specifications required and within agreed timescales.
- Assist in performance review / mentor role.
- To prepare fully coordinated model from design consultants P&ID’s, GA’s, specifications, schedules and calculations.
- Prepare GA’s from fully coordinated model.
- Prepare as built model / drawings from site survey information.
- Production of all H&S documents such as designers risk assessments to the standards required complying with all HSE legislation.
- Undertake or assist in site surveys, such as existing building services, HVAC, CS&A, electrical and process systems to evaluate full customer requirement and compliance to specifications.
- To ensure all designs are monitored, controlled and implemented to Company quality requirements and legislation standards and within the allocated timeframes.
- To be fully prepared for all project meetings including internal /external update meetings and final hand‐over meetings.
- Conduct all customer / consultant interfaces throughout the life of the project or design to enable effective project implementation within or above customer expectations.
- To track all designs to ensure there are no surprises and that remedial action is taken to maintain the effective implementation wherever possible.
- To ensure the lead engineers and project managers have all the information and commercial assistance required to enable effective project implementation and management.
- To liaise with all other Engineers to ensure the ‘best practice’ methods are utilised wherever possible to add value and assist in future business development.
- The project diary is maintained on a day to day basis capturing all relevant technical information per project.
- An appropriate Engineering qualification and relevant experience in a related role to ensure ability to complete the role.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Company management systems.
- Knowledge of Company products, services and customers to best provide a professional service.
- Positive communication skills in dealing with people so that problems can be satisfactorily resolved and customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ability to work on and control multiple projects throughout their life span to ensure effective completion to the standards required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Skill to manage a team of people adopting the most effective approach to ensure all team tasks are completed to the best of each individual’s ability.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.