Competitive Hourly Rate
+44 (0)151 666 8916
19 days ago
In addition to the technical aspects of this role, this position will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers. It is expected that the role will encompass the initial design setup and deployment of new solutions followed by the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
- The Solution Architect will report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect
- The Solution Architect will work closely with IS Delivery/Project Managers
- The Solution Architect will liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation Programme.
- The Solution Architect will also liaise with the IT/Infrastructure Operations Team, the Application Support Team and with external vendor support teams.
- The Solution Architect will also be required to provide support and guidance for new emerging projects.
- Provide direction and leadership to all aspects of application architecture, infrastructure and application design
- Provide guidance on the selection of IT solutions (including software packages) for projects. Being able to evaluate the potential impacts on the business such as license costs, phasing out of legacy systems, training etc.
- Select the appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively
- Takes full responsibility for the overall system architecture
- Works with the business analyst and/or elicits the business requirements to ensure the technical solution meets the business need and can be delivered on the chosen architecture
- Identifies the commercial impacts of changes in the analysis and implementation model and reports these to project management.
- Solution Design and Quality Assurance
- Production of high quality technical documentation covering the setup and implementation of design patterns
- Contribute to the development of Infrastructure standards, best practices and organisational capability
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional qualifications / Microsoft Certifications
- Proven design, planning and implementation experience with on‐premise and cloud hosting environments.
- Strong experience with virtualisation technologies
- Proven design, planning and implementation experience with SQL and Oracle database platforms
- Design, planning and implementation experience with Windows Server technologies
- Technical design experience with Microsoft Azure and on‐premise VMWare hosting platforms.
- Infrastructure planning, integration and deployment
- Solution architecture
- Awareness of Microsoft licensing models
- Well‐developed communication skills
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
- Azure Networking (VNETs, Express Route, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs)
- Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
- Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring)
- Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e‐mail, web servers, web services)
- Experience designing for disaster recovery
- Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.)
- Experienced producing multi‐tiered, load‐balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
- ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
- Able to work independently
- Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
- Good client presentation skills
- Holds or is able to obtain SC or DV security clearance
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.