+44 (0)151 666 8943
2 days ago
FMCG Chilled manufacturer
A leading chilled foods manufacturer is currently seeking a Technical Manager. Reporting into the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be an established Technical Manager within a fast paced high risk / chilled foods manufacturing environment with staff management experience. You will have a pro active approach, with proven experience of working with Production and NPD to over come technical challenges and assist the profitability of a business. As part of the site senior team, you will contribute to the overall strategy and planning of the business.
Technical Manager responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for managing the technical team department as a whole and managing and developing the team as individuals
- Responsibility for liaising and communicating with customers / external bodies on all aspect of technical issues for the site
- Ensuring that the Quality Management system is in place, maintained, reviewed and continually approved
- Ensuring that the HACCP system for the site is maintained, updated and regularly reviewed to ensure the due diligence of the site is maintained.
- Ensuring that the Internal Audit system for the site is maintained effectively
- Ensuring that all systems, procedures, practices, testing regimes and audits are effective to ensure that the due diligence of the site is maintained
- To ensure that the site maintains Higher Level EFSIS (BRC ) accreditation and maintains successful customer / external audits and visits
- To ensure that all new products to be introduced into the business are technically sound in relation to all food safety, quality and legality aspects
- To ensure that all customer product specifications and artwork comply with all legal / food safety / quality requirements
- To oversee the supplier approval system for raw materials and packaging suppliers potentially entering the business and to ensure all are risk assessed and approved prior to purchasing approval
- Ensuring that high standards of technical kpis are established - achieved through monitoring and trending microbiological performance, customer complaints and quality standards to ensure that the site is being proactive and continually striving to improve
- To work alongside and advise the hygiene teams to ensure that all technical aspects of hygiene within the site are satisfactorily maintained and that environmental microbiological performance is monitored, reviewed and improved where necessary
- To advise the company on all current legislation relating to the safety and legality of food manufacture and give advice and impart knowledge on all relevant technical issues to the operational teams.
- Responsible for assessing new opportunities to drive the business forward / review potential new product areas
Please apply via cv to Paul Bradley, 0151 666 8943
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.