£35,000 - £39,000 (negotiable)
+44 (0)151 666 8956
3 months ago
Applicants should have a background in Bio Pharmaceutical, Biologics or Gene therapy to be considered for the role.
Senior Analytical Scientist duties will include;
- Performing assay development, routine and cGMP testing for new product development programmes.
- Responsible for performing analytics to support product development and cGMP production activities through all stages of bioprocessing.
- Supporting/leading optimisation/qualification and/or technical transfer of validated methods and the validation of developed assays for cGMP testing by acting as a technical lead.
- Supporting the management of stability studies.
- Compiling analytical data and writing technical reports as part of the ongoing product development activity to support Regulatory Filings.
- Provide technical expertise to assist in trouble shooting issues during technical transfer or routine production.
- Prepare resource plans showing requirements to deliver programme of work and negotiate availability with stakeholders. Effectively communicate updates to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily activity plans to deliver projects and communicate to other senior scientists and scientists working on the project as well as other contributing departments, such as Process Sciences, Engineering and QA.
- Organise project activities and routine analytics within the laboratory ensuring issues are flagged, solutions proposed and decisions made and acted upon.
- Accountability for the delivery of continuous improvement projects within the group to drive the introduction of new efficiencies or implement technologies that demonstrate positive impact upon compliance and the business.
- Manage lab areas, including supervision of scientists, resolve day to day equipment or technical issues and escalate issues when necessary to Snr Managers.
Applicants should have;
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules and beneficial to have experience in gene therapy products.
- Experience with biologics assay development/ optimisation and assay qualification.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques including but not limited to:
Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, IEF)
Chromatography (SE-UPLC, RP-HPLC, AEX, HILIC).
Immunoassays (ELISA, Potency, HCP).
To apply, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.