£20700 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Training, Qualifications, Bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8952
7 days ago
£20700 basic salary increasing to over £23000 after completion of qualifications
21days + bank holidays, Pension, Attendance bonus, Share options, Overtime
24/7 continental 2 days, 2 nights, 2 off repeat 4 times, followed by 10 days off, 7am/7pm and vice versa.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries. Due to expansion the business are looking at taking on additional technical operatives, who they will provide full training to but would prefer someone coming from a hands on technicians role or operative within a manufacturing environment.
Our clients manufacturing process involves using blow moulding machinery, and will require you to monitor machines and maintain machine efficiency, make adjustments, as and when necessary. Full training will be provided within the role, so you’ll need to be keen to learn and develop within this position and will be put through a formal training plan, which will bring pay rises and increased responsibility over time. If you work as a machine operator at present and want to develop your career further then you should consider this opportunity.
The role is quality focused, so you’ll need to be accustomed to working to meet product quality specifications and adhering to all appropriate Health and Safety and Hygiene procedures. Our client will put you through a formal qualification, which starts at grade 1 and works through to grade 4, each of which comes with an associated pay rise and can raise your annual income to over £23k and also plenty of overtime opportunity.
- Ensure that everyone works in a safe manner, ensuring compliance at all times with Company policy and procedures regarding Health and Safety, standards of product quality, housekeeping and hygiene
- Operate a variety of production machinery, (blow moulding machinery predominantly)
- Comply with appropriate PPE requirements at all times
- Carrying out only those tasks which the job holder is competent, trained and/or qualified to perform, unless supervised by fully trained personnel
- Complete all necessary checks and paperwork, as and when required
- Keep product quality to products work order specifications
- Work closely with Auditors on any product issues
- Maintain machine efficiency
- Complete relevant checks on ancillary equipment and record when necessary
- Work as part of a team to achieve production targets
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.