Rate is negotiable depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8994
5 months ago
*Due to the nature of this position, you must be able to obtain Basic UK Security Clearance*
Rate is negotiable for this role depending on experience and the role is initially a 6 month contract.
Act as the main interface between Project Controls for Site Delivery and senior management and stakeholders, to help deliver Project goals in keeping with the principles of Trust, Transparency and Teamwork;
- Support the Programme Manager through the introduction and implementation of Project Controls processes, procedures and systems;
- Assist in leading, coaching and supporting all Project Controls staff within the Programme
- Act as a role model for Project and the client by exhibiting and encouraging behaviours which are in alignment with the Project's values of Humility, Positivity, Clarity, Respect and Solidarity
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience in the following:
- People manager with team leader capability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills, at all working and management levels;
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, analyse and present complex data from each Discipline;
- In-depth knowledge of processes for Programme and Project management in a major infrastructure environment;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the other Disciplines of Project Controls, including management techniques;
- Skill in presenting complex information to senior executives and shareholders;
- Ability to create concise narrative to support project reporting;
- Ability to build relationships with Project stakeholders, and to act on behalf of the Programme Team as their representative;
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement, manufacture and construction methods and techniques in a UK context;
- Knowledge of current construction industry best practices and technical developments;
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC;
- Detailed understanding of Earned Value analysis;
- Detailed understanding of cost and schedule risk analysis techniques;
- Knowledge of risk and opportunity management methodologies, and how they are applied in the strategic and operational management of a major infrastructure project;
- High level of analytical and numerical skills;
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Nuclear sector, particularly in terms of markets mechanisms and competition;
- Understanding of European Pressurised Reactor (EPR) design and experience in EPR operations;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Chinese languages an advantage
The job-holder will be expected to have a working level of knowledge of, and to use, the following (or similar equivalent) software tools:
- EcoSys (Cost, Changes, Earned Value Management);
- ARM (Risks, Opportunities, Trends);
- Primavera P6 (Scheduling);
- @risk (QCRA);
- Safran (QSRA);
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Teamcenter (Document Control)
Should this position be of interest to you, please apply direct and I will come back to you in due course.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.