£37500 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, , Healthcare, Training
+44 (0)151 666 8952
5 months ago
£37.5 – 40k
St Helens – Mon – Friday 8-4pm
Private health, 28+8days holiday, excellent pension, reward and recognition scheme
A fantastic opportunity to join a multi site, world leading manufacturing business with a presence in the global market for over 40 years and a manufacturing presence in 35 countries on a site employing over 200 people. Our client is looking for an electrically biased engineer to join their maintenance team on their manufacturing facility in St Helens on day shift 8am – 4pm. If you have a background in manufacturing or related industry with a strong electrical maintenance background and some mechanical exposure please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Our client produces products that are used within UK construction market, which obviously currently and in the future is booming, their product is already sold out for the next 2 years and production is a full capacity on a 24/7 pattern. Due to an engineer retiring the business this role has arisen.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preventative and reactive maintenance electrical and basic mechanical 60:40 ratio or similar.
- Working knowledge of maintenance/repair/fault finding on motors, sensors, electrical panels, inverters and instrumentation experience.
- Providing accurate feedback information regarding maintenance activities and observations
- Conducting PPM and reactive maintenance across the sites 3 production lines
- Repairing equipment when needed, ensuring the downtime of any machinery is kept to a minimum
- Installing any new machinery ensuring that it is done to manufacturer’s specifications
- Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with quality specifications where applicable and adhering to all health and safety regulations at all times
- Mechanical exposure on conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Fault finding/working knowledge of PLC systems preferably Allen Bradley/Rockwell would be advantageous.
The ideal engineer will meet the following criteria:
-Electrical C&G, NVQ, HNC or equivalent qualification
-Mechanical qualification would be advantageous (hydraulics and pneumatics)
-Time served background or equivalent
-Continuous Manufacturing background, automotive, FMCG, Food all good industries
-Knowledge of PPM schedules and ability to conduct reactive maintenance
-PLC fault finding experience would be advantageous on Rockwell/Allen Bradley
-Inverter and Instrumentation exposure
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.