£28000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8947
3 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
Cambridge, Bourne, Peterborough, Boston, Spalding, Wisbech, Grantham, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire
A large food manufacturer with a site based in Lincolnshire is currently seeking a Supply Planner to join the team on a permanent basis. The Supply Planner will report in to the Planning Controller. The main purpose of the role is to coordinate activity at 3rd party suppliers, ensuring inventory and service level targets are met and to manage the finished goods inventory planning process ensuring stock availability for all relevant products and locations.
Key responsibilities for Supply Planner,
- Ensure product is available at nominated distribution centres, stock transfers are planned and executed efficiently and make sure accurate reporting of product availability.
- Manage the end to end supply chain processes of third party contract packing, ensuring supply chain service level agreements are in place.
- Communicate with Planning and Scheduling teams, to ensure a smoothly run process.
- Plan and manage all activities at suppliers, including weekly schedules and medium / long term plans.
- Take responsibility for finished goods and packaging, ensure stock levels are
- Ensure all relevant packaging from external suppliers is available.
- Maintain and develop relationships with various teams including Commercial, NPD, Forecasting, and Customer Services to ensure all new launches and specifications are managed effectively.
- Liaise with Site Planning to monitor adherence to Safety Stock levels.
- Ensure effective management of the SAP system, including all master data requirements and supply chain alerts.
- Evaluate demand changes so that the impact on operations and customer service is minimised.
- Generate internal and external KPI reports, to ensure all business targets are met.
To be considered for this role you must have recent relevant planning experience gained within an FMCG Manufacturing environment. You must also have an understanding of all elements of Supply Chain, be an experienced user of SAP and have excellent IT skills.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.