£45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
3 months ago
Salary - £Competitive
Days, Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
FMCG Food Manufacturer
Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West
A leading blue chip food manufacturer is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join their growing business. Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager on site, this role will be responsible for supporting projects and process improvement projects within the manufacturing environment, working closely with Operations, Production and Quality Assurance leaders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee general process implementation projects including management of external resources, budget and schedule. Collaborate with Engineering and Operations colleagues to deliver the projects with minimal disruption to production operations.
- Review existing manufacturing lines for process improvements, efficiency gains, and safety. Tasks may include, daily process monitoring, trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel.
- Support manufacturing line relocations and plant consolidations/start-ups.
- Develop process flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and layout diagrams necessary to ensure installations are carried out according to project requirements. Calculate line speeds, rates, and throughput and ensure all designs take account of these key operations parameters.
- Generation and implementation of design, construction and operational documentation for new equipment/manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that production lines are built to required standards and facilities are modified or built in line with company Standards.
- Provide preliminary cost estimates and scope development for future projects.
- Selection and standardisation of technology, equipment and spare parts.
- Preferably HND or above, Process or Product Engineering.
- 3+ years direct work experience in a process engineering role within the food or similar industry.
- Demonstrated project management skills and confident in project management software
- Experience of Atex, Machinery and Pressure Directives desirable.
- Electrical, instrument and automation knowledge/experience.
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross functionally within an organisation
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own time to good effect
Apply via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 666 8957 to discuss further
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.