£32,000 plus 40% shift allowance (£44,800) + bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8968
7 months ago
£32,000 plus 40% shift allowance (£44,800) + bonus + benefits
12 hour Days and nights – 4 weeks of rotating Days followed by 4 weeks of rotating Nights
A Major Pharmaceutical Manufacturer based in the Swindon area are now currently seeking an additional Maintenance Engineer to join the team as they go through a large expansion. This is a great opportunity to further develop and progress in a rewarding environment. Candidates from industries outside of the Pharmaceutical industry are also encouraged to apply.
Maintenance Engineer duties:
- Complete and taking accountability for maintenance activities (planned and unplanned), utilising operational excellence and continuous improvement activities to improve equipment reliability and ensure minimal equipment downtime.
- During maintenance incidents, actively using problem solving and lean manufacturing techniques to identify the true root cause of the issue – and implement corrective actions.
- Complete all necessary documentation regarding maintenance activities, including highlighting errors or bad practices and making suggestions for improvements either to systems or equipment, and take ownership for progressing required documentation (e.g. Change Controls, Validation documents, etc) through to completion, in line with Company procedures.
- Utilise external resource, where appropriate, to obtain services/components, generating, completing and obtaining the appropriate documentation and approval to proceed (e.g. Purchase Orders, spares requests, quotations, etc).
- Upgrade and improve equipment as appropriate.
- Drive improvements within the maintenance team to maximise efficiency within the Production and Maintenance departments to Lean the process, eliminating or reducing waste and/or non-value adding activities.
- Be accountable and responsible for ensuring all personal activities are effectively closed on time, in line with agreed targets and timelines (e.g. PPM, Deviations, Change Controls, Training, etc).
- Work on projects as defined by engineering management.
- Multi-skilled engineer with a good understanding of electrical control and automated systems.
- Technical skills required up to the level of HND.
- Demonstrable expertise working within a manufacturing environment.
- Proactive logical approach to problem solving utilising lean manufacturing techniques.
- Aseptic block licence (or the ability to obtain an aseptic licence)
- Ability to work to critical timelines.
- Effective communication skills.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.