+44 (0)151 666 8947
4 months ago
The role will report into a Technical Manager and be working in a fast paced manufacturing facility. You will be accountable for the quality, efficiency and standards of cleaning in the area of responsibility through effective utilization of both people and resources. You will also have full management of the overheads and cost control for the department.
Hygiene Manager responsibilities include:
- Participate in daily operational meetings to ensure all issues are communicated and shift changeovers take place efficiently.
- Manage absence and disciplinary issues including wage queries, holiday requests from Team Leaders.
- Liaise with Personnel and Hygiene Manager on relevant people and hygiene issues.
- Communicate and liaise with other departments on all relevant hygiene issues.
- Audit all necessary paperwork to ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner, e.g. training records, cleaning records.
- Day to day organization of the hygiene Team Leaders, which will include organising shift patterns and arranging cover due to absence.
- Monitor swabbing results to pick out any trends and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure all deep cleaning jobs are completed to a high microbiological standard.
- Ensure correct staffing levels and training skills are maintained.
- Maintain and improve Key Performance Indicators (cultural survey results, microbiological swabbing results).
- Manage staff discipline, work performance and absence issues.
- Hold annual Hygiene Team Leader Personal Development Meetings (Appraisals).
- Develop and promote a health and safety culture.
- Organizing COSHH assessments on chemicals and other substances used by the hygiene department
- Monitor staff job rotation and carry out risk assessments to ensure jobs are done safely.
- Ensure swift accident investigation is carried out and preventative measures put in place and frequently monitored.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are correctly followed.
- Conduct weekly briefs to communicate with staff about business and departmental issues.
- Responsible for managing pest control on site through external contractors.
- Responsible for managing waste disposal.
- Responsible for writing cleaning procedures for equipment in conjunction with chemical supply company.
- Managing cleaning chemicals supply to site through contractors.
Commutable from - Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Loughborough, Leicestershire, Beeston, Oakham, Corby, Kettering, Coalvillle, East Midlands
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.