Up to £24,000 plus Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8950
6 months ago
Reporting into the Process Development Manager the Process Technologist will ensure the smooth transition of newly approved products from concept through to launch.
Process Technologist duties include:
• Plan, organise and carry out factory trials on approved products.
• Manage communication as required on process development matters with customers, both internal and external and suppliers to develop relationships.
• Ensure quality standards, other relevant standards and HACCP are applied to NPD to meet Food Safety, Quality and Legality, and customer specified requirements.
• Liaise with internal concept development through attending panels on various concept ideas and offering input on technical constraints by technical services.
• Ensure that all new raw materials / suppliers have been risk assessed and audited as required prior to trials and launch.
• Conduct hazard analysis studies during the development process to identify and assess all potential safety hazards and associated risks.
• Provide info to allow product specifications to be completed.
• Ensure that all new procedures are implemented effectively by liaising closely with Development, Production, Planning, Commercial, Accounts and Technical.
• Communicate launch details to customers including arranging, reviewing and dispatching samples for review as requested.
You will ideally be degree educated (or equivalent) in a food science or food related subject. You will also have experience of working in a process development / technical role within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, meaning you will have knowledge of launching products using a critical path.
You will also have strong communication skills, be confident with using different IT systems, be able to manage multiple projects and have excellent attention to detail.
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.