£40000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: + Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8952
9 days ago
£40-55k + benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding Electrical Department within a well respected multi-disciplinary international MEP design consultancy with over 100 staff. You’ll be forming part of the electrical team, which is going to expand in the coming months across all levels from Associate, Senior Engineers and Electrical Engineering.
Our client work on projects from initial advice and concept, through the design stages to project completion across multi disciplines. As a business they support, education authorities, residential developments, health care, retail and office projects among others.
If you come from an electrical building services background, and want to work for an expanding business, with a solid foundation in training, development and proven progression prospects please feel free to apply.
The role will require you to:
- To actively review, in conjunction with the process owners, the design process
- Produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations
- Provide and check engineering calculations as required
- Support the team with project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain time frames and quality compliance
- Co-ordinate drawings/CAD with other disciplines, having an understanding of other engineering principles
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate engineering and industry standards
- Liaise concisely and professionally with external members of the design team and Clients on Technical subjects whether at client meetings, workshops, project review meetings
- To have future business development in mind at all times, maintain good relationship with all Industry contacts and promoting the business where opportunities arise.
- Ensure that all projects remain in budget, monitor whether additional fees are appropriate and control team workload to meet the schedules
Degree or equivalent within Electrical Subject or Building Services
Proven track record in practical design within the building services industry
Line management experience (not essential)
High level working knowledge or CAD and UK Building Design Standards
Willingness to travel to client sites when required
UK Driving License Desirable
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.