Circa £40,000 - £46,000
+44 (0)151 666 8950
5 months ago
As soon as possible
The successful EHS Officer will be NEBOSH (diploma) qualified or a chartered member of IOSH. You must also have several years of working within a EHS role in a pharmaceutical environment. Experience in waste management is desirable as well as ISO14001 experience. You will also ideally hold an environmental qualification and have environmental permitting experience. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to influence others.
HSE Officer Key Responsibilities:
• Deputise for the EHS Manager in their absence. Also, assist the EHS Manager in the development and introduction of EHS policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
• Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all incidents and near misses.
• Develop and implement an industrial hygiene monitoring programme to ensure protection of employees and lead on control measures to mitigate potential exposures.
• Deliver training to staff.
• Devise and support risk assessments for the company, including development and auditing of risk assessments and control measures in place.
• Interface with the Waste Management Contractor to ensure effective service delivery to the business.
• Undertaking EHS compliance audits.
• Travel to other UK sites as instructed by the EHS Manager.
• Be the company’s first aider coordinator.
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.