£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance, Holiday, Pension, Healthcare
+44 (0)151 666 8952
4 months ago
£45-50k circa + car allowance, pension, holiday, healthcare
Our client is a national, building engineering services business, specialising in design and compliance, founded nearly 30 years ago. With 3 UK offices, nearly 100 employees and a growing client portfolio ranging from £2m – 100m in project value, they are looking to expand further due to success in the sector.
Our client operate within the commercial sector, completing projects such as Schools, Colleges, Distribution Centres, Offices and Retail, if you come from a background working on similar projects I’d be keen to speak further with you.
There is now an opportunity for a mechanically biased Engineer with a strong background in Mechanical building services to join their team.
Within the role you’ll sit underneath their mechanical associate and report between him and the director depending on the project and its location. The role requires someone who is comfortable with the following; Feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management commissioning and final account to meet all requirements of a client.
- Within the role you’ll be responsible for developing and presenting project design proposals to clients, ensuring they follow the external brief so that client requirements are met.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements
- Propose labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursement spends and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
- Degree or HND/C or equivalent with extensive relevant experience with mechanical building services
- Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert, TAS, Cymap, BIM, Revit and Auto Cad would be advantageous
- Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field
- A knowledge of job costing techniques.
- Understand and operate ISO 9001 & 14001 process
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.