+44 (0)151 666 8933
6 months ago
If you’re an experienced Safety Risk Management (SRM) Consultant working in the rail sector and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our SRM Practice as a Principal Consultant and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
As a member of our Strategic Environmental Consulting (SEC) team, you will be required to undertake and provide consultancy on Engineering Safety Management (ESM) associated with the design of mainline and metro railway schemes.
Whilst the successful applicant will work predominantly within the rail sector, opportunities to carry out Engineering Safety Management activities in other sectors may arise from time-to-time.
Who We are Looking For:
Within SEC we pride ourselves on our ability to provide Clients with Strategic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Business Advice, which helps our Clients not only to manage risk, but to drive excellence in their EHS performance.
As such we seek individuals who combine: strong quantitative and analytical skills; deep technical knowledge; a sharp commercial focus; and, who are passionate about their work to advise our Clients on strategic business decisions. Our mission is to improve quality of life around the world, by creating places of distinction and providing sustainable solutions that enhance the built and natural environment. Our core values are:
- Integrity – We perform business in an honest, responsible way, working to the highest professional standards.
- Client Focus – We are entrepreneurial and agile, passionate about creating value for our Clients and achieving high performance.
- Collaboration – We believe in diversity, the power of teamwork and that by working as one we can deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Sustainability – We own the responsibility to sustain our world and society in a balanced way, central to health, safety and wellbeing of our people and all stakeholders, central to all we do.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and we operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge
- Safety Assurance
- Project Safety Management
- Engineering Safety Planning
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HAZOP/HAZID/FMECA)
- Detailed Safety Analysis
- Safety Risk Quantification
- Hazard Logs / Registers
- Identification of Safety-Critical Items
- Safety Cases / Justifications
- RAM (Reliability Availability Maintainability) - from top-level RAM Management and the development of RAM Plans to detailed RAM Analyses
- Systems Engineering – including Requirements Management and Verification & Validation activities
You will have experience of the application of Engineering Safety Management knowledge and skills (as described above) in the rail sector in a number of environments including:
- Main Line railways
- Metro / underground railways
- Subsurface (‘section 12’) stations
- Tram routes
- Train tunnels
- Multi-modal transport hubs
- Major station areas with retail facilities
- Control centres
- Heavy train-maintenance facilities.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.