£30000 per annum, Benefits: Paid Overtime + Car Allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8971
7 months ago
The opportunity has arisen with one of our key clients to work within a managed service environment as a 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer. The role has come about through the growth of new business as well as there being a skills gap in the team which needs an experienced Engineer to help fill.
- Providing 3rd Line support – working through tickets and prioritising accordingly
- Carrying out new client on-boarding
- Client health checks – scheduled regularly for each client. Review infrastructure and make recommendations
- Providing a service and adding value to clients – end user facing
- Take escalations from the 2nd line team
- Effective record keeping and working to SLA’s.
- Supported Windows 7 and above as well as O365
- Server 2008R2 and above – looking at larger issues and investigating issues across the network. Setting up server maintenance plans
- Exchange Server 2010 - supporting larger faults that are not easily fixed
- Active Directory
- HyperV and VMware
- Provision and build VMs in the data centre if they fail
- Backup monitoring – If backups fail, investigate where the issue has come from, test the networks etc.
- Building networks/adding devices according to TCP/IP principles
- Configure switches and routers
- Installing anti-virus software and setting up web filtering/email rules.
- VPN set ups
- Set up firewalls and firewall rules and investigate any breeches
- Degree in computing or similar OR Microsoft Certifications
- Basic salary of £30,000
- Paid overtime
- Car allowance
- Open and friendly culture
- Free parking
- Free refreshments
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Assigned training budget for accreditation
- Paid study leave
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.