Competitive package depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8956
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Livestock Genetic Analyst position located in Cheshire.
Working for a Global leader in the livestock genetics field, the Livestock Genetic Analyst is responsible for managing the data pipeline from the field to the database, including organizing, processing and analyzing data and to help demonstrate the value of differentiated genetics for customer and colleagues as part of the Global Product Development team.
- Manage logistics for testing programs, product validation trials and research trials in EMEA
- Coordinate all data collection (birth to harvest) and provide data reports
- Organize, aggregate and process data for database loading.
- Ensure Livestock identification data completeness.
- Coordinate tissue sampling for genotyping and manage submission process to genotyping provider.
- Work directly with producers and other stakeholders to communicate data collection needs, including type of data, and data format.
- Support the Livestock team in identifying opportunities to access and analyze data from the supply chain and to identify novel phenotypes that will make an impact in beef production.
- Promote best practice in terms of data collection and data management with customers and supply chain.
- Ensure timely data collection and participate in data collection as needed.
- Support the EMEA teams with data analysis, interpretation of genetic program results and presentation of results to staff customers and key accounts.
- Develop innovative approaches for bench marketing and product validation.
- Help staff and customers understand the value created by department and how that value can be shared.
The Candidate: Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree required, PhD preferred, in Animal Science, Genetics, Statistics, Animal Breeding or related field.
- Experience collecting, managing and analyzing livestock data.
- Strong background working with databases (SQL) and using statistical packages such as R or JMP to manipulate and/or analyze data.
- Good understanding of all segments of the UK beef and dairy industry, including the type and scope of data generated in each.
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve objectives.
- Strong communication and technical presentation skills.
- Travel required (at least 25%). Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record..
- Experience working with large datasets and data mining
- Experience with Unix –based systems
- Knowledge of animal breeding and genomics concepts
To apply please forward your details for immediate consideration.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.