£26,169 - £28,729
+44 (0)151 666 8968
6 months ago
As soon as possible
Based in Runcorn
£22,372 basic plus £3,797 shift allowance plus £2,560 bonus (£28,729 total)
Hours are 7am - 3pm and 3pm - 11pm Monday to Friday.
A multinational pharmaceutical company with over 220,000 employees worldwide is looking to appoint 4 additional QC Release Officers on a permanent basis to their expanding site in Runcorn. Plans are in place for an additional multi million pound manufacturing unit due to open towards the end of 2019 and these roles are part of that current expansion plan.
The role will involve checking products as they come out of production and checking the relevant documentation is correct to cGMP standards. You will then log any non-conformances (NCRs) before the products are released by the onsite QA and Pharmacy departments. Experience of checking documentation from either a QA or QC based role would be preferable. Candidates from a Pharmacy Technician background are also encouraged to apply.
Products are made in an aseptic (sterile) environment however you will be handling them once they have come out of this area. Experience of working in a similar environment will be advantageous. The products themselves can be destined for patients with compromised immune systems – for example premature babies or people in intensive care units at hospitals, so a keen attention to detail is essential.
- Reporting to the QC and Product Release Manager and to the Senior QC Release Officer for day to day operational duties, the QC Release Officer is responsible for performing all necessary duties to comply with the quality system in place in accordance with cGMP and ISO standards.
- Ensuring the review of all batch documentation and subsequent product disposition is performed to comply with internal Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with the company's UK Quality System.
- Work in conjunction with production to ensure compliance status is maintained within the facility.
- Minimum of a Degree in a life science subject or appropriate experience of working in a quality assurance or control related function within either the pharmaceutical / healthcare related industry for at least 3 years or within a relevant aseptic compounding industry for 1 year is preferred however training will be provided.
- Experience of aseptic operations is desirable; if possible aided by experience in aseptic compounding activities.
- Very good knowledge of GMP requirements specifically for manufacturing and control of aseptically produced products as laid down in the Orange Guide.
- Product knowledge.
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Scantec on 0151._ 666._ 8925 and johnathanm (at) scantec. co. uk
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.