£45 - £55 per hour, Benefits: Rate negotiable depending on experience.
+44 (0)151 666 8994
6 months ago
As soon as possible.
Due to the nature of this positon, you must hold or be able to obtain UK Security Clearance and hold a UK Passport.
There are opportunities at programme and project level and they are looking for someone who will be:
- Accountable for producing estimates in accordance with the estimating processes
- Accountable for producing project-specific Basis of Estimate documentation in accordance with the estimating processes and the production and maintenance of associated policies, procedures and guidelines
- Accountable for developing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders
- Accountable for assuring the quality of Estimating deliverables
- Accountable for continuously improving daily ways of working within own area of responsibility
- Responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the estimating benchmarking database
- Responsible for recommending changes to the estimating norms and ranges
- Responsible for the production of estimating deliverables in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for producing project-specific Basis of Estimate documentation in accordance with the estimating processes and the production and maintenance of associated policies, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for supporting the development and continuous improvement of the end-to-end estimating processes and the production and maintenance of associated policies, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for personal workload and ensuring all deadlines are met
- Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and Quality
Membership of relevant professional body, or working towards membership, (e.g. RICS, ACostE, APM, PMI) preferable
- Knowledge and experience of using best practice estimating processes and tools in a complex, project environment
- Knowledge and understanding of forms of contract, e.g. NEC3
- Knowledge and understanding of confidence modelling processes and techniques
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of Earned Value Management processes and procedures preferable
- Experience of using an estimating norms and ranges database preferable
- Competent in:
- Independent Assurance - The ability to undertake an independent assessment of the evidence file supporting an investment, and to make appropriate recommendations
- Confidence Modelling - The ability to use statistical modelling techniques to provide confidence in business plans and processes
- Performance Analysis - The ability to analyse different types of performance data and provide insight and recommendation on performance, e.g. earned value, performance forecasting
- Project Planning - The ability to create and maintain a project plan in order to manage a project throughout its lifecycle
- Project Cost Engineering - The ability to utilise cost engineering techniques to manage and control project costs throughout its lifecycle
- Project Estimating - The ability to create a project estimate, based on scope, technical specification and sources of cost information
- Requirements Management - The ability to capture requirements and assumptions with associated acceptance criteria
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.