£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8956
8 months ago
£40,000, 10% bonus + relocation assistance package if required.
A Global Manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to join the business on permanent basis.
Duties will include;
- To be the primary interface with the landlord and/or the landlord’s agents relating to the estate’s maintenance and development matters. To attend site meetings when required, acting as the Company’s representative.
- To be responsible for ensuring that adequate security provisions are in place and are efficiently monitored and maintained, liaising with external service providers as required.
- To liaise and negotiate with suppliers and service providers, including establishing and maintaining contracts for the provision of relevant services e.g. cleaning, waste removal, pest control etc. whilst ensuring the provision of the best levels of service.
- To control and co-ordinate the provision of facilities such as heating, lighting, air-conditioning, toilet facilities, car parking etc.
- To ensure compliance with fire regulations and evacuation procedures and ensure that appropriate fire extinguishers and/or similar equipment is properly installed and maintained and the appropriate testing is carried out.
- To act as Deputy Fire Warden (weekly fire alarm testing) and assist Management, in the absence of the Site Director, in the case of fire alarm activation.
- Working within organisations Limited Health and Safety policies in conjunction with the EH&S Manager, ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to and arrange for risk assessments to be carried out on a regular basis and these to be adequately recorded in order to ensure statutory compliance.
- To forecast budgetary requirements for the facility maintenance and work within them.
- To manage the external contractor responsible for the maintenance of the Plant Room and facility in general.
- To manage on behalf of relevant departments, and negotiate, appropriate service contracts with contractors for laboratory equipment in Milton Park in order to ensure best pricing, adequate support services, timely renewals etc. are secured.
- Liaise with the IT department to ensure relevant support is provided to the site.
- Engineering degree or background would be an asset.
- strong background in Facilities Management role.
- Extensive Health and safety experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.