£40000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
25 days ago
£40,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
FMCG Food Manufacturer
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer is currently seeking an Area Production Manager / Department Manager to lead, develop and motivate their team in a consistent and safe way in an environment of continuous improvement.
The successful Area Production Manager / Department Manager will have previous FMCG food manufacturing experience. You will ideally have experience of operating and managing employee relations within a unionised environment as well as a strong track record of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing practices.
This is a Monday – Friday days based position, however flexibility is required as per the needs of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide direction and support to all staff, managing and facilitating their performance and development.
• Ensure all staff are fully trained and competent to carry out their individual roles.
• Monitor and control labour and material to ensure budgeted targets are delivered
• Lead continuous improvement so that ideas for improvement are identified and implemented.
• Reduce waste in all areas, labour, raw materials and energy costs.
• To collate and interpret daily information and ensure continuous improvement focus.
• Monitor primary causes of downtime and develop action plans to resolve these issues.
• Actively promote a safety culture within the business and ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met.
• Ensure all risk assessments are completed and continually strive to reduce risk within the department.
• Ensure all equipment and machinery is 100% safe.
• Take full ownership for product quality in the day to day running of the department.
• Monitor customer complaints and initiate corrective actions to resolve persistent issues regularly.
Applications via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.