£32 - 39,000 depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8968
10 months ago
9 - 12 months
As soon as possible
Based in Liverpool
Up to £39,000
9-12 month contract
A major multinational Pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint a Senior Cell and Molecular Biology Scientist to their site in Liverpool on an initial 9-12 month Maternity Cover contract.
As part of an ongoing expansion plan the successful candidate will be focussing on the development and application of cell based potency assays to support several biologic products including AAV gene therapy vectors and monoclonal antibodies. The ideal candidate will have experience with bioassays as well as other cell based work (e.g. TCID50), molecular biology techniques (e.g. qPCR) and label free binding technologies.
- Performing the analytics associated with the transfer, application, development, optimisation, phase appropriate validation of analytical methodologies for testing and cGMP release of products from early concept through to registration for marketing approval.
- Performing assay development routine and cGMP testing for new product development programmes, which may encompass fully in-house programmes, in-licensed products and products in development with partners and ensures the testing is performed by the group on time, on budget and in compliance with the established quality standards. This includes release testing of non-clinical and clinical drug substance.
- Supporting optimisation/qualification and/or technical transfer of validated methods and the validation of developed assays for cGMP testing by executing experimental plans as directed by technical lead.
- Supporting the generation of stability data through performing analytical testing, stability data collation/trending and writing stability protocols/reports.
- Lead the development and delivery of routine analytics to support product development and cGMP production activities through all stages of bioprocessing (upstream and downstream) to meet project timelines.
- Put forward and deliver ideas to overcome technical problems or introduce new efficiencies
- Executing method qualification and validation protocols and assist in writing the associated reports as required to support transfer of processes into the manufacturing facility, under the guidance of Snr Scientists.
- Contribute to 5S as a means for continuous improvement to ensure that department goals are achieved and the incidence of non-conformances are reduced
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum qualified to Degree level in a Biological related field
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules.
- Experience of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP):
- Cell culture and cell based assays (e.g. Potency, TCID50, Flow Cytometry)
- Molecular biology (e.g. PCR, qPCR, Sanger Sequencing)
- Immunoassays (e.g. ELISA, Western Blotting)
- Label free binding (e.g. SPR, BLI)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.