Competitive - based on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8952
2 months ago
Based on Experience + benefits
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding chemical manufacturing and processing company. They have in existence for over 40 years and are well established in multiple market sectors including detergent, paper, water treatment and chemical industries and operate 15-20 chemical manufacturing plants and supply products globally adhering to COMAH regulations.
Due to an increase in workload are client are looking to take on an additional Mechanical Design Engineer to the team, to support on the design of industrial piping, structural steel and chemical plant design on their site in Grays Essex. If your background is working within a chemical processing or manufacturing industry please fee free to apply.
- Ensuring that all design and detail drawings are to company and relevant British/international standards
- Knowledge of industrial piping design & detailing
- Knowledge of structural steel design & detailing
- General structural calculations for steel structures
- General structural calculations for vessels & pipework
- Work closely with customers and suppliers ensuring work is completed on time and on specification
- General structural calculations for steel & reinforced concrete bunds
- Knowledge of plant layout
- Use of general 2d / 3d design package
Our client adheres to COMAH regulations and ISO standards, so a background and familiarity with these regulations and quality standards would be advantageous.
You’ll get involved on projects relating to design of equipment used on processes such as grinding, milling, drying and spray drying plants, filtration plants and process design equipment.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree qualified mechanical engineer
- Chartered engineer or working towards
- Cad 2d or 3d
- Microsoft windows
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.