+44 (0)151 666 8918
7 months ago
Contract to April 2019
Scantec are currently looking for a Principal Safety Assessment Specialist for an opportunity with one of our most prestigious clients.
You will provide extensive specialist subject matter expertise in the assessment of nuclear, explosive and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product. Advise on strategies for the development of safety assessments (safety case/safety basis/risk assessments). Develop and deliver complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
- Lead and manage the technical input to the planning and production of safety documentation.
- Deliver safety assessments and other technical safety documentation to agreed company standards.
- Monitor the production and delivery of safety documentation, using appropriate metrics.
- Ensure the implementing safety documentation requirements meet the standards set in the MSPs.
- Provide technical input to the production of Company and SESH policy, guidance and strategy.
- Provide technical input to the design and/or delivery of technical training.
- Mentor SAS Assessors and Senior SAS members as part of a planned development activity.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in security, environment, safety and health.
- Lead a Safety Assessment Specialist team in the production, delivery of safety justification / documentation and through the governance process.
- Take ownership of safety justification / documentation as directed by HONS or SESH Management
- Ensure that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for safety are communicated and understood
- Contribute to processes that assess performance of the development and use of safety assessments and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
- Assist with verification and checking safety documentation.
- Deputise for HONS in meeting when requested.
- Extensive experience in the field of safety assessment for radiological, chemical and/or explosive hazards
- Experience in a nuclear, high hazard and/or highly regulated industry
- Experience of several Domains (Management system, Front End, Project design, Commissioning, Operations, Decommissioning).
- Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or extensive practical experience.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role. **
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.