+44 (0)151 666 8966
5 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
Hinckley, Coalville, Ashby de la Zouch, Melton Mowbray, Loughborough, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicestershire, East Midlands
My client is a leading FMCG Food Manufacturer and are seeking a Materials Manager to join their growing business. As Materials Manager, you will be responsible for controlling all aspects of operational material costs as well as supporting the production teams with accurate information, stock control and cash management.
Overview of Materials Manager responsibilities
- Oversee and improve the accuracy of the stock taking procedures and coordinate detailed stock takes for materials and site inventory
- Create weekly dashboards showing trends and improvement opportunities for agreed areas of material cost control and publish reports to identify stock usage to improve cash management
- Responsible for the up keep and development of systems to ensure that giveaway controls are tracked, published and improved. Best practices are shared between shifts.
- Track MOQ products – develop a list of current products highlighting weekly costs and publish to the wider business.
- Publish goods destroyed information by department/shift and set targets.
- Introduction of PIP plans and potential cost saving opportunities to deliver the MUV budget.
- Responsible for agreeing yields of new products and working with the finance team to update product material and packaging standards
- Flexibility to work across different shifts (Morning, Nights and Lates)
- Coordinates key functions around upcoming product delists to ensure that any associated costs are kept at a minimum.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.