£25000 - £27000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8922
9 days ago
The client specialises in a wide range of projects within the fields of Nuclear Waste Management, Decommissioning and Environmental Services, providing solutions to this complex industry. The role would be to support the organisations Consultancy team.
This role would suit a recent Graduate who has a desire to explore the Nuclear industry, with a Degree in Chemistry, Nuclear or Environmental related subjects, or someone with Technical Support experience from a highly regulated industry, looking to develop their career into the Nuclear industry.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in area of expertise associated with decommissioning, waste management and environmental remediation.
- Develop competence in technical areas of decommissioning, waste management and environmental remediation.
- Produce high quality documents to support decommissioning and waste management projects e.g. Best Available Technique, Letter of Compliance submissions, waste characterisation documents, experimental and technology reports.
- Support studies, including laboratory trials, to support radioactive waste management, decommissioning and environmental restoration.
- Support the preparation of procedural/guidance documents (e.g. work instructions, risk assessments).
- Provide support to projects in the fields of radioactive waste management, decommissioning and environmental restoration.
- Develop expertise and currency in industry best practice.
- Promote the image and reputation of the company and its Consultancy department.
- Provide technical support to Business Development teams involved in generating internal and external work for the company.
- Accountable to task or project manager for timescales and costs of defined scope of work.
- Accountable to line manager for utilisation, including notifying when at risk of being over or under-utilised.
- Support the preparation of bids within Consultancy and the company as a whole.
- Liaise with delivery team as relevant for activities, tasks and projects to which assigned.
- Liaise with the companies Operating Divisions and clients; developing and maintaining strong working relationships which will in turn promote the companies business ethos.
- Support meetings and workshops in areas of expertise, both internal and external including provision of technical matters.
- Co-author papers and deliver to internal and external committees/meetings etc.
On offer is a salary dependant on experience, £25-27k, plus benefits.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.