+44 (0)151 666 8933
about 2 months ago
Main Purpose of Position
To support the clients Project Managers in the delivery of projects in full compliance with the pre-determined standards of safety, quality, environmental and security and the conditions of contract.
Key ObjectivesProject Delivery
- Input to the Project Management Plan and other strategy and high-level control documentation.
- Undertake studies and develop solutions to deliver the projects end point requirements.
- Prepare documentation to support project delivery, to include:
- Control Plans
- Method Statements
- Risk Assessments
- LTQR documentation
- Liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers to identify services, plant and equipment required in support of the project.
- Liaise with procurement to ensure that all services, plant and equipment are procured in accordance with the company procedures.
- Management of project documentation.
- Liaise with supervisors to support the co-ordination and management of operatives and technicians.
- Manage operatives and technicians as required under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Ensure and promote effective communication and working between disciplines to support the overall delivery of the project objectives.
- Support the Project Manager in the following activities:
- Management of all activities in accordance with the Clients QSHEW Management System and best practice.
- Provision of information to maintain the project programme.
- Provision of information on the costs to date and future costs.
- Identification and communication of project risks and opportunities.
- Stakeholder liaison and management.
- Sub-contract and supplier management and expediting.
- Ensure personal, professional, technical and engineering competency through continuing professional development
- Understand the technical aspects of a project and develop design and engineering solutions with the clients in house specialists or supply chain support as necessary.
- Consolidation and collation of design and engineering documentation for internal approvals and presentation to the client as necessary.
- Be aware of Company business plan and to promote the Client to ensure continuity of business within the context of that plan.
- Contribute to the development of business and success of current projects by the internal referral and communication of appropriate information and intelligence.
- Recognise the potential impact of own actions for the Group, Company, clients and suppliers and act in appreciation of this at all times.
- Maintain effective working relationships across all Group, Company, Site and Function Heads.
- Promulgate and promote the Company’s reputation, expertise and capability through attendance, contribution and submission to media articles, exhibitions, professional institutions, client meetings, external events, inward visits, and through professional bodies / colleagues etc.
- Provide appropriate response to client or internal colleague enquiry and ensure completion of all necessary documentation as required by the Clients QSHEW Management System.
- Support tender and contract reviews through the provision of relevant and informed technical or commercial information as necessary.
The Company operates a QSHEW system to manage quality, health and safety and the environment. It is your responsibility to ensure all personal actions, and that all members of the support services team comply with the QSHEW system but specifically:
- be aware of Clients QSHEW policies & procedures which apply to your area of work
- conform to the QSHEW system
- assist client in operating the QSHEW system
- co-operate and assist during any audit
BehavioursThe following corporate behaviours underpin the working environment and assist the client in delivering their vision:
- Behave in a professional manner and treat everyone with respect
- Take pride in yourself, company property and facilities
- Challenge others and accept being challenged
- Collaborate at all levels with each other
- Know and accept your responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work safely and reliably
- Be committed to continuous improvement
- Accountable for the safety of themselves and others whose safety may be compromised by their actions and/or omissions
- Accountable for the tasks assigned and actions thereof
- Communicate with others any uncertainties about tasks, processes or expectancies
- Empowered to make decisions, within the constraints of the position description
- Meet/exceed the expectations as identified in the position description
- Accountable for maintaining confidentiality in respect of data and personal information in line with GDPR.
Reporting RelationshipsReports to: Engineering Manager
- Continuing personal development (CPD)
- Technical engineering capability, competence and compliance, engineering strategy
- Issues arising from the provision of services in support of the business.
- Any issue that may have a commercial, QSHEW or legal impact on the company.
Any issue that may have an effect on the quality of the services provided by the company
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.