£45 - £50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8994
6 months ago
As soon as possible.
You will need to be able to obtain basic UK Security Clearance for this role.
Project Controls Manager Role
• Helps build and define the local process and procedure for Project Controls within the business area.
• Leads the Project Controls team for the business area.
• Work closely with the programme and project management team to ensure the provision of the highest quality project controls support to satisfy Cavendish Nuclear and programme specific Commercial or Customer requirements.
• Liaison with the Programme / Project Management team to ensure optimum cost and schedule performance through the provision of the following functions:
• Lifetime Plan / bid development / Detailed Delivery Schedule - Scope, Schedule, Cost Estimates and risk management plans;
• Assist business area lead team and Business Managers with project strategy development and implementation
• Facilitates Monthly / weekly Reports across the Business Area – accurate statusing, progress summary text (Rules Of Credit), accurate assessment of Accruals, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs)
• Variance analyses (both for schedule and cost), recovery plans where appropriate, estimates at completion (EAC), estimates to completion (ETC) Key issues, Key Risks, progress against Key Metrics, progress against Key Milestones, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs),
• Trend analysis; tracking of SPI ,CPI,SV,CV
• Consistent application of NEC3 requirements including EWN’s and CE’s (Change Proposals);
• Identify Value for Money Savings and the capture of evidence to underpin production of EWN’s and CE’s;
• Format and content of monthly/weekly progress reports including the monitoring and tracking of project progress and financial performance. Roll out and population of Dashboard Reports to support the accountability process.
• Facilitates resource forecasting for the Business area.
• Liaison with head of processes and systems to ensure reporting tools are fit for purpose and satisfy stakeholder requirements.
• Day to day management of the Project Controls Teams; planning, estimating, cost engineers, risk engineers and document control resources assigned to project control teams. (Note: Overall management of each function lies with the relevant functional manager).
• Ensure that the provision of project controls support in the form of estimating, planning, cost engineering and risk analysis is maintained to the highest quality and conforms to relevant procedures and standards.
• Key Accountabilities; ensure Programme Controls are consistently applied across all aspects of the programme and manage the development of a comprehensive and robust Risk Register addressing all risks (threats and opportunities) to the delivery of the defined work scope.
Ø Work with the Business Area Lead Team to establish accurate calculation of programme level contingency to be applied across the programme. This will include both estimating uncertainty and event based risk analysis
Should this role be of interest, please forward a copy of your updated CV and I will come back to you in due course.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.