+44 (0)151 666 8947
10 months ago
FTC 18-24 months FMCG Food Manufacturing
Cambridge, Bourne, Peterborough, Boston, Spalding, Wisbech, Grantham, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire
A large food manufacturing company with a site based in the Lincolnshire area are currently seeking a Planning Manager to join their term on a long term contract basis. The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for ensuring that the factory production plan is optimised with regards to supporting business KPI’s in relation to service and stock objectives.
Key accountabilities for Planning Manager -
- Plan production of finished goods and manage safely stock targets and ensure the short, medium and long term plan consistently delivers
- Ensure that customer supply and demand are balanced in the long, medium and short-term
- Proactively amend production schedules to react to demand and sales forecasts so as to optimise customer service and operational costs
- Attend weekly meetings as required and provide information relevant to these meetings
- Provide forecast information to key stakeholders
- Manage and control finished goods stock, ensuring all products are available on request
- Set and monitor targets for direct reports and manage the team
- Set and deliver the planning strategy to ensure that targeted improvements are reached, maintained and improved on
- Define and promote, by being a clear role model
- Contribute to the broader Site Strategies whilst working with the Supply Chain Manager, Site FGM’s and the Site Senior Management teams
To be considered for this role you must be currently working as a Planning or Supply Chain Manager in a food or drink manufacturing company, have experience of managing a large number of SKU’s and have used planning systems such as SAP or Oracle.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.