£34000 - £36000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
8 months ago
Spalding area, commutable from: Peterborough, Boston, Kings Lynn, Wisbech, Spalding
A leading FMCG food manufacturer is now seeking an NPD Category Manager / Product Development Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager and managing an NPD technologist, the successful NPD Category Manager will be responsible for managing new product and existing product development portfolios across the category.
The successful NPD Category Manager will have previous food manufacturing experience ideally within the ambient / long life category or with value added products. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to liaise closely with a range of internal and external customers .
Responsibilities of the NPD Category Manager / Product Development Manager include:
• To ensure that both new and existing products developed are in accordance with the NPD procedure and customer requirements
• Presentation of NPD and EPD to customers, on and off site.
• Chair meetings regarding NPD projects / feasibility and challenges
• To ensure all samples from kitchen and relevant trials are sent for internal and external signoff in an organised and timely manner.
• Liaise with buying to arrange and deliver NPD raw materials and ingredients to site.
• Assist NPD Technologists in the NPD kitchen if required.
• To work closely with the wider NPD team, ensuring there is clear communication / handover notes to guarantee seamless continuity in operation.
• Liaise closely with the process team to ensure factory trials are carried out according to procedure and critical path.
• Assist in production trials when necessary
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.