Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8952
about 1 month ago
Based on Experience, 25 days + 8 days bank hols, Good Pension, Discretionary Bonus, Life Assurance, Professional Fees Paid, Income Protection, Share Incentive Plan, Flexible Holiday Scheme, Bike to Work
A fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies at their site in Warrington within their Nuclear Energy Team.They are currently looking to expand their engineering team with a Mechanical Design Engineer delivering complex solo or multiple projects running simultaneously.
The role will involve you working closely with major clients on a range of demanding issues whilst mentoring graduate colleagues to share knowledge and develop others. Working within the Energy team, you’ll work alongside mechanical engineering professionals with several years of experience within the nuclear or the chemical industry. Were seeking someone with a background either as a chartered engineer or someone who wants to applying themselves so you will be able to provide guidance for others to attain the professional status of CEng with the IMechE, this business will support you in achieving this.
- The role will involve work occasionally direct at client sites, but the majority of your time in our offices in Warrington. You will be delivering robust solutions that will meet the Client’s functional and UK HSE and nuclear safety case requirements.
- The role will entail providing the necessary design justification to ensure design solutions are compliant with safety and regulatory requirements.
- You will develop integrated design solutions to satisfy Client technical specifications and check the engineering designs performed by others for their relevance and adequacy of engineering substantiation.
- You may be required to present your designs to single or multiple discipline design reviews and safety reviews.
- You will be familiar with producing risk assessments, including conventional safety, hazard and operability (HazOp) studies, and environmental assessments (ALARP/BPEO/BPM/BAT/FMEA studies etc.) for the health and safety of both Client staff and the wider community.
- Liaising with clients and project teams to prepare technical specifications for the design of the projects they work on, and assist if required the reviews of others.
- Conduct the design, installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment, monitor plant modifications and upgrades.
- Liaising with Project Managers to oversee the cost and time constraints of all process inputs to projects undertaken by the Mechanical team.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferably Masters).
- Applying to be a Member of IMechE (or equivalent) and becoming a Chartered Engineer.
- Previous mechanical design engineering experience in the nuclear industry is preferable or alternatively within a highly regulated/safety critical chemical, and Oil & Gas environments.
- Experience of Inventor or Solidworks
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.