+44 (0)151 666 8952
6 months ago
Milton Keynes (Buckingham)
Based on Experience, 25days holiday, Company Pension, Mon – Fri (early finish Friday)
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join an expanding department in a £40m+ turnover Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer based just outside Milton Keynes. With a longstanding history extending over 100 years as a business our client work with some of the most exclusive brands in the industry, with 95% of the their products going on vehicles exceeding €150k.
The successful Project Engineer will report in to the Project Manager and will be expected to assist and support individual Project Managers to deliver the objectives of new product introduction projects (NPI) ensuring the use of best practice project management techniques.
- Early identification of possible weaknesses and suitable escalation of them.
- Support customer meetings and visits when required.
- Ensure that all Projects are managed in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Support Project Manager in documentation control and reports to deliver budgets for prototypes, development and tooling expenditure
- Maintain an overview of timing across project, liaising with suppliers and internal resources to ensure good visibility of project status.
- Attend regular project meetings with the project team as appropriate
- Report project summary including preparation of phase exit documentation and project report summaries.
- Communicate clearly issues to the project team and plan resources accordingly.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in technically based subject
- Interest in Project management with some relevant experience.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office programmes including Project.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Quality Adhere to project procedures and document requirements.
- Cost Manage and track cost against and within project budgets.
- Delivery To deliver to project timings, budgets and cost as agreed with the Customer.
- People Personal development and training against appraisal matrix.
- Health & safety Adhere to company procedures & audit requirements.
- Housekeeping Meet requirements of 5S audits.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.