Competitive salary plus benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8922
4 months ago
The client is a leading Engineering and Project Management Consultancy delivering demanding and complex projects within a wide range of industries including Power, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Energy and Food. They offer a range of “cradle to grave” principle design and project management services, from conceptual and feasibility studies through to process definition and design, engineering, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning.
The Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Senior Designer will work as part of an existing design team, required to design and produce all types of drawings and documents including:
- Instrument loop and electrical circuit diagrams
- Installation and layout diagrams for cable route and equipment location
- Block cable diagrams
- Electrical distribution diagrams
- Installation Scopes of Work and material and cable schedules
The EC&I Senior Designer will have:
- Ability to design all types of instrument loops (pressure, temperature, flow, level etc), electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing.
- A sound instrument and electrical knowledge of process control & electrical requirements in Hazardous and Non – Hazardous Areas within the Chemical Process type industry.
- A good working knowledge of ATEX Directives for selection and installation of control and electrical equipment in Hazardous Areas.
- Knowledge of PLC and DCS control system I/O interfacing.
- Experience of specifying all types of instrument and electrical equipment and be able to carry out tender enquiries for EC&I equipment and obtain quotations.
- Produced designs using AutoCAD and be familiar with the use of PC software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, AMTECH cable sizing and distribution system design.
- Experience of compiling Tender and Construction Issue Packages for Enquiries, including the necessary design drawings and supporting User Requirement Specifications (URS’s), Scopes of Work and Material and Cable Schedules, obtaining quotations and liaising with the Installation Contractor during construction.
- British and International Standards
- The use of Company Standards, Industry Regulations and EC Directives
- Health and Safety
- CDM Regulations
- Method Statements
- Risk Assessments
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, enhanced holiday package.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.