Competitive salary plus benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8922
10 days ago
The client is a leading M&E Design Consultancy providing Building Services Consultancy support to the Construction industry, Architects, and Designers across Residential, Commercial, Education and Health Care related projects. The client offers a single point of contact for all Mechanical and Electrical solutions with a focus on quality, sustainability and the innovative use of renewables.
The Sustainability Engineer will work to deadlines alongside the design team to produce high quality reports to assess energy demands, building loads, overheating risk, compliance with Part L and to produce EPCs and energy strategy reports for both existing buildings and new projects. You will also work Thermal Modelling and be responsible for one other Engineer.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Production of energy assessments for independent dwellings to whole retail parks from preliminary status through Tender, Construction and As Installed.
- Production of Part L compliance reports.
- Production of Overheating risk assessments to meet TM52/BB101 guidance.
- Production of building fabric / systems optimisation studies / reports.
- Production of Renewable Energy / Low to Zero Carbon technology Feasibility reports.
- Working to often short project deadlines.
- Liaison with the Architects and M&E Engineers.
- Meeting attendance with client teams.
- Taking responsibility for electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk.
- Taking responsibility for the storing/archiving of IES models.
- Issuing of reports.
- Contribution to IES standards, liaison between offices.
- Accreditation as a Level 5 accredited assessor and registered.
- Previous experience of IES-VE thermal modelling to assess energy demands, overheating risk, air quality, compliance with Part L and to produce EPCs for new build and refurbishment projects.
- IT Literate – ability to use IES-VE essential
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload efficiently.
- An understanding of the Construction industry
- Understanding of building systems and renewable energy technologies.
- Work well within in a team with good communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, flexi time, enhanced holiday package and healthcare policy.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.